Video with audio description and transcript
Explore our Liverpool 2031 strategic framework with our Vice-Chancellor and members of the University of Liverpool community.
Listen to an audio described version of the Liverpool 2031 strategic framework video or read the transcript below.
The University of Liverpool is a remarkable place, powered by academic excellence and the attributes of our famous home city.
With a true spirit of creativity, originality, welcoming to all and committed to social responsibility.
Ideas born here have long transformed societies and industries, touching millions of lives around the world and making an impact that really matters.
Liverpool 2031 sets out our ambition to be recognised as a global top 100 university in time for our 150th anniversary and a framework for how we will get there.
There are six main elements:
- We will build on our outstanding research strengths to deliver an increasing breadth and quality of world-leading research – addressing the greatest challenges facing society and truly changing our world for the better
- Our student community will enjoy outstanding, transformative, research-connected learning experiences – in environments that value difference and where every individual is empowered to achieve their maximum potential
- Increasingly recognised as one of the leading global universities, we will make a positive international impact through our research and education, and through a growing range of valued partnerships that cross sectors and continents
- We will help shape a bright future for the Liverpool City Region, widening access to higher education, and working with partner organisations to drive prosperity and wellbeing
- We will help to address the greatest challenge of all, contributing to a more sustainable future for the world by enabling greater environmental and social equity through our education, research and in the way we operate
- And in support of all of this, we will create a working environment that enables every colleague at the University to perform at their best and reflects our five values: ambitious, collaborative, inclusive, innovative and responsible.
Each of these elements supports our overall vision, for the University to be recognised globally for its outstanding research and education, and for its positive impact on people, our place and the planet.
Driven by our values and our diverse community of colleagues, students and alumni, we will, more than ever, make ground-breaking discoveries that shape the future, empower individuals to become changemakers and inspire students to fulfil their academic and personal ambitions.
We know these plans are ambitious, but with our remarkable University community and the support of our many partner organisations in Liverpool and around the world, we are confident that, together, we will achieve them.